Sunday, March 19, 2006

Even the Chocolate is Political, Part II

About two months ago I wrote about how everything is political in Israel, even the chocolate. Today I saw further proof of this.

Driving through Petach Tikvah today I was bombarded by campaign billboards. An unusual one caught my eye, and made me laugh out loud.

Elite makes a chocolate bar that has a plain red wrapper with a picture of a cow on it. This cow was featured prominently on the billboard on a red background, with the slogan (in Hebrew of course) "For a Sweeter Future". What made it even funnier was that in the left hand corner was a small white square of paper with the Hebrew letters Pay-Raish-Hey, which spell out the Hebrew word Para, which means cow. This was a brilliant take-off of the slips of paper that we use to vote. Every "normal" billboard has the same white square with the letters of the political party printed on it, in exactly that way.

I really hope sales of chocolate go up - the advertising people deserve it for their creativity here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home