Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Quick - Let's Give Them More Territory Before They Kill Each Other Off

It is a good thing that I believe that G-d is ultimately in charge of the world, because if I didn't I would despair over the future of my country.

This morning Haaretz has an article about Olmert's "plan B". It seems that the unilateral convergence plan is running into opposition all over, so this "brilliant" (not) government is going to pretend to follow the Road Map, and give up territory in Judea and Samaria to Abbas. They are trying desperately to ignore the fact that Abbas is not in charge anymore according to the Palestinian elections. And, to make it worse, they are just going to ignore Phase one of the Road Map plan, the one that says that the terrorist infrastructure has to be dismantled.

Well, guys, good luck. You had better hurry up, though, because the civil war between Fatah and Hamas is heating up. Ynetnews.com has the latest in the violence, with the fact that Fatah gunmen have torched the Hamas Ramallah office, in addition to kidnapping one of the Hamas "lawmakers". If things keep going on like this, pretty soon there won't be an Abbas to give anything to.

3 Comments:

Blogger tafka PP said...

I still believe in G-d (Well, most of the time. hence use of hyphen) but it doesn't stop me from despairing...

10:57 AM, June 13, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I read that too, but I'm not getting excited yet because Akiva Eldar wrote it and he's often quite fantasy based, he'll find something small and inflate it or twist it to suit his deluded ultra left views, he's one of the most inflammatory Haaretz has..

But I agree and will be watching for this absurd plan b going forward!

7:33 PM, June 13, 2006  
Blogger westbankmama said...

tafka - despairing never helps in any case

saus - after the hitnatkut I think the left has the feeling they can push through anything they want, so I am not so sanguine

and if...-welcome to my blog.We ("the government") haven't been acting rationally lately either

9:35 AM, June 14, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home