Wednesday, August 16, 2006

File This Under "Duh"

The Kadima party has had a real brainstorm. They realize that they have to find a new agenda - as they acknowledge the obvious, and admit that they have to scrap their plan to withdraw from the westbank.

I should be jumping for joy at this news - it means I can continue to live in the wonderful community that I love so much. Instead I am honestly relieved that this threat is not over my head - but I am much more afraid of the new threats that hang over all of our heads in Israel.

The best you can say is that we achieved a "tie" against Hizballah in this war. Most people think we failed miserably. I see both the obvious failures and some reasons to be thankful.

You can read about the failures elsewhere - I don't have the patience to list all of them.

In terms of what to be thankful for: I don't know who decided on the timing of this, but it is obvious to me that Nasrallah miscalculated badly. He should have waited until Olmert had given away more parts of Judea and Samaria, and then provided the Palestinians with Katyusha rockets. Then they could have hit Tel-Aviv and the central region in addition to the north. I don't know if he would have been successful in pushing us into the sea - but he would certainly have been more successful than he was at killing civilians.

Nasrallah also woke up the country to the threat. Now that most people acknowledge what we have to deal with up in Lebanon, we have the chance to fully prepare ourselves for the next round.

1 Comments:

Blogger bec said...

" it is obvious to me that Nasrallah miscalculated badly. He should have waited until Olmert had given away more parts of Judea and Samaria, and then provided the Palestinians with Katyusha rockets. Then they could have hit Tel-Aviv and the central region in addition to the north. I don't know if he would have been successful in pushing us into the sea - but he would certainly have been more successful than he was at killing civilians."
baruch hashem they didn't consult with you first.
seriously, we just have to hope that if they are going to wage some kind of war against israel, that they continue to make stupid blunders in our favor.

10:00 PM, August 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home