Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Will President Bush Visit Israel?

Haaretz has an article stating that President Bush may visit Israel after the elections in November. This is to supposedly support the peace process between Israel and the Palestinians.

Of all of the presidents in the past, Bush is the first one that I have voted for - and I would be pleased to see him come here. I sincerely hope, though, that it won't be another "push the Israelis to give in on something important" in order to have a positive photo-op for everyone.

3 Comments:

Blogger Erica said...

Bush is better than that. I think he truly loves Israel, unprecedented for any other US president, ever.

Which is why he backed off (for the most part) during the most recent war with Lebanon.

I love Bush. Not a popular sentiment in the US, but he isn't exactly seeking approval as much as he is trying to stabilize matters of the world.

Rock on, cowboy.

7:47 PM, September 26, 2006  
Blogger bec said...

*bush supporter here*
(which has definitely caused a disruption of the shalom bayis in my extended family....

he's definitely earned israel's support. i may not agree with him on everything, but i voted for him on the israel issue only. to me, there's nothing more important.

12:18 AM, September 28, 2006  
Blogger Erica said...

Sometimes when I see my ole friend next to me in someone's comments, I feel like I should look down at her (or up, as the case may be) and smile a silly smile the way Carol did with Alice on the Brady Bunch.

hi bec.

(*looks up* ... *waves* ... *makes goofy smile*)

8:13 AM, September 28, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home