Thursday, February 02, 2006

A Psalm A Day Keeps the Psychologist Away

Given the events of yesterday, and the general state of affairs in Israel, I find that there are times when turning off the news and opening a book of Psalms is the best way to go.

Today I bring to you an excerpt from Psalm 27, from the English Artscroll Tehillim:

11. Teach me Your way, Hashem; and lead me on the path of integrity, because of my watchful foes. 12. Deliver me not to the wishes of my tormentors, for there have arisen against me false witnesses who breathe [words of] violence. 13. Had I not trusted that I would see the goodness of Hashem in the land of life! 14. Hope to Hashem; strengthen yourself and He will give you courage, and hope to Hashem.

Even better than chocolate, no?

6 Comments:

Blogger Don Radlauer said...

Even better than chocolate? Hmmm... fewer zits, anyway! (g)

12:24 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Regina said...

And less fattening! Beautiful, WestBankMama...

4:16 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger Jameel @ The Muqata said...

Yes, but if you eat chocolate AFTER saying some Tehillim, imagine how great life is!

5:05 PM, February 02, 2006  
Blogger westbankmama said...

Hmm fewer zits, less fattening..sounds like good marketing to me...

but, Jameel's suggestion sounds the best...

9:05 AM, February 03, 2006  
Blogger the sabra said...

passing through the machsomim on the way to ofrah,
hiking up to amona,
preparing/waiting for the yassamnikim,
sitting in the darkened room and holding hands,
getting sprayed with glass from the broken in window,
getting yelled at, beaten and dragged out,
hiding from the huge horses and their riders,
listening to the mocking laughter of the magavnikim and yassamnikim,
watching the houses being bulldozed to the ground
and then walking home in utter sadness and dejection-
all the while i repeated to myself (and shouted to the police as well),the end of perek chaf (chapter 20) of tehillim-"...Some [rely] upon chariots and some upon horses, but we [rely upon and] invoke the Name of the Lord our God. They bend and fall, but we rise and stand firm. Lord, deliver us; may the King answer us on the day we call"

and i still believe it

1:53 PM, February 09, 2006  
Blogger westbankmama said...

the sabra - I believe it also, I just don't know when that will be, and how much more pain we have to go through before Hashem comes to our aid.

5:22 PM, February 09, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home