Monday, April 24, 2006
- Name: westbankmama
- Location: Samaria, Israel
What's a nice family like us doing in a place like this? We are an Orthodox Jewish family that moved to Israel in 1991. We learned Hebrew, found work, moved to a nice suburban community 30 minutes from Tel Aviv, had a few kids... Pretty boring, right? It would be, if half the world weren't so obssessed with where we live. The nice suburban community we moved to is in Samaria, in the west bank. When speaking to Israelis or other Orthodox Jews, we refer to the place we live in as the Shomron, using the biblical, Hebrew term for the region. We chose to use west bank in our name because it is more familiar to those who have never heard of the term Shomron. Welcome to all of you interested in reading about what is happening in Israel from the perspective of a family living in a very newsworthy part of the world.
On One Foot - Sketches of Life in an Israeli Settlement
Know Where You Came From - My Journey to Observant Judaism
If I Am Not For Myself, Who Will Be For Me?
- On Holocaust Remembrance Day, M16's, and a New Res...
- G-d Is In the Details Something unusual happened ...
- Ahhh.....Pollution I am usually very happy in my ...
- They Don't Make it That Way in the Old Country... ...
- Why is This Havel-Haveilim Different From All Othe...
- G-d Doesn't Extend Deadlines This time of year is...
- Get Ready, Get Set, Go....18 Minute Mitzva Time A...
- Lieberman May Be Asked to Join Government Interna...
- The Mating Dance of the Israeli Party Leader The ...
- Since When is Buying an Apartment Building "Taking...
Who is Wise? He Who Learns From All Men (Ethics of the Fathers)(In Plain English, My Blogroll)