Friday, August 04, 2006

Nasrallah's Threats Don't Make an Impression

Yesterday was a bad day for Israel - typical of Tisha B'Av. Eight civilians were killed by rocket fire in the north, and four soldiers were killed in heavy fighting in south Lebanon. Nasrallah threatened to bomb Tel-Aviv in his speech last night - if the IAF continued bombing Beirut. The IAF was not impressed with this threat - they launched 24 bombing raids in less than one hour this morning - hitting both Beirut and Baalbek.

In addition, I live in a settlement in Samaria directly east of Tel-Aviv, and the local authorities have not given us any special instructions, so I am assuming that the IDF has determined that his threats are pretty empty.

In better news, I was happy to read this morning about 11 New York firefighters who have come to Israel to volunteer. The firemen have had a really tough time in this war - every time a rocket falls into an open area the brush and trees catch fire, and they have to battle this. Kol HaKavod to them - and thank you to the New York volunteers!

1 Comments:

Blogger Pesky Settler said...

As I told friends of mine living in Tel Aviv - while I am 40 minutes due east of Tel Aviv, so in theory, if the long range missiles can reach TA, they can reach me... I'm a much less significant target than Tel Aviv...

9:07 AM, August 04, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home