Friday, December 08, 2006

You Never Know What You Might Find On Your Favorite Blogs

You never know, do you? That's the best part of surfing the net, and bopping around from one blog to another. Here are just a few of the things I found in the past few days:

I clicked on a button (graphic) called Moms For Modesty on Me-anders blog, and I found a post by a Christian woman who is against the very provocative clothing sold for young girls. Read her post, and if you agree with her, sign on in the comments section and post a link. She very rightly points out that mothers of young children are a key consumer group, and that they have a lot of clout when organized. Add your voice to this group (and, maybe, years from now, the Israeli marketers will take notice...).

Erica really brightened my day (and westbankpapa's too) by linking to a clip of Mahalia Jackson singing "That Old Time Religion". Yes, I have a weakness for passionate singers who really belt it out, especially when I can relate to what they are saying. That old time religion really was "good for the Hebrew children" and is good for us today!

Congratulations are in order to both Treppenwitz and ElderofZiyon, who both reached the finals stage in the 2006 Weblog Awards. A vote is in order too, don't you think?

2 Comments:

Blogger bec said...

thanks for the link to moms for modesty. and thank goodness for frum communities here where i can get my daughter tznius clothing without having to think too much about length and appropriateness. and yeah, as per your comment on that blog, boys are infinitely easier to shop for!

9:11 AM, December 08, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A very sweet rebbetzin in Ramat Shlomo told me a few years ago that it's a mitzvah every time you make another Jew happy.

And here I made two Jews happy! I can't tell you how happy that makes me (oops, now that's three of us.)

Mahalia sure was amazing ...

Gut vokh.

6:27 AM, December 10, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home