Saturday, July 15, 2006

Peaceful in the Shomron, But Crazy Up North

We had a very nice Shabbat. I was pleased to see that the other man called up north on an emergency tzav 8 (which is a callup to reserve duty in times of war) was also home. It seems that everyone is on stand-by, but are home for now. The Israel Air Force seems to be doing most of the work bombing places in Lebanon, but the people living in the north of Israel are still suffering rocket attacks. Two people killed in Moshav Meron, a direct hit on a house in Tiberias, and other rockets in many other places.

The thing that worries me is the Jewish calendar. This period of time (the three week period of time from the 17th of Tammuz to the ninth of Av) is not a good one for Jews. Many calamities occurred during this period of time, and that is why we mourn - no weddings, no music, no meat for nine days, no new clothes, and a full day fast on the ninth of Av. I know, it sounds superstitious, but I hope the IDF does not have to undertake a big ground offensive until after the ninth of Av (August 3rd this year). I have always wondered why the Arabs picked other times of the year to start up with us - and not this one. I guess someone finally checked out the Aish website :(

(hey guys, maybe check out the 7 Noachide laws while you are at it??????? - wishful thinking....)

Shavua tov (good week - traditionally said on Saturday night after our Sabbath ends and the week starts) and I will write again tomorrow...

1 Comments:

Blogger kasamba said...

Shavua Tov!
The energy at this time of year never fails to scare me.

I agree with you on one hand, on the other can Israel afford to wait longer?

1:03 AM, July 16, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home