Wednesday, November 22, 2006

So Much Bad News - So Little Time

I have a love-hate relationship with the internet lately. I love reading my favorite blogs, and I hate reading the news.

Another Kassam rocket attack killed someone from Sderot yesterday. Yaakov Yaacobov died last night in the hospital after sustaining wounds from the rocket which fell on the chicken packing plant where he worked. Hear that world, a citizen, 43 years of age, is working in a factory to put bread on the table for his family, and is killed just like that! Meanwhile, our joke of a Defense Minister and our Prime Minister are not talking to each other. It is a regular soap opera here in Israel. It would be funny if people weren't dying.

Things are not much better up north in Lebanon. The anti-Syrian minister Gemayeel, a Christian, was murdered in Beirut. Civil war is looming, which means very bad tidings for Israel.

It is just a matter of time before we are involved in another full scale war here. The only question is on how many fronts at once? I guess three - up north, in Gaza, and from far away in Iran. I just hope that someone is taking this seriously and preparing for it.

4 Comments:

Blogger Jack Steiner said...

It saddens me to say that I agree with you.

8:36 AM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger Batya said...

yes, ditto

10:28 AM, November 22, 2006  
Blogger bec said...

the news lately is certainly sickening. hopefully, it won't come to war, and if it does, it should be swift with no casualties....

3:29 AM, November 23, 2006  
Blogger westbankmama said...

thank you guys for your agreement, my next post is focussed on the positive....

7:50 AM, November 23, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home