Wednesday, January 17, 2007

My Dog Ate My Homework

There are many different excuses for not blogging. (Dogs not involved, though).

New jobs, guests coming for Shabbat, a kid with a broken tooth, etc., etc....

I could use all of the above as my excuse, but my real reason is a lot simpler.

Our yishuv (and the next one over) did not have internet access for the past two days. That's right folks, two days without e-mail or blogs to read (and I am living proof that you can live without it!)

So, I could catch up and write a post about Dan Halutz resigning (one down, two to go...), or I could write about my take on the idea of boycotting the JIB Awards (I agree in theory, but I am a bit disgruntled. Last year I started blogging two weeks before the awards, so I was not elegible. This year they may be boycotted, and who knows whether I will be blogging a year from now?)

Instead I will just write a short apology for disappearing - sorry guys - and get on with the business of catching up with all of you.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I joined Chaims boycott. I nominated, then withdrew. Since I was not goign to actively push my blog, I figured Chaims reasons were pretty good and definitely good enough for me to join his cause...

8:42 PM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Jack Steiner said...

I am willing to bet that you'll still be blogging next year.

8:46 PM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger Soccer Dad said...

I once took a course where the instructors dog ate my disk. (It was in those ancient days of 5 1/4 floppies.)

9:04 PM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger kasamba said...

I accept your apology. Sniff.
Just never (gulp) do that again!!!

11:08 PM, January 17, 2007  
Blogger aliyah06 said...

My kid once stepped on and crushed the disk with his term paper on it--close to 'the dog ate my homework.'

You're forgiven, of course--there are things in life beyond our control....more than I like to think about, actually {grin}

4:21 PM, January 18, 2007  
Blogger westbankmama said...

Hi guys, I hope to get back to my answering each comment individually next week!

9:50 AM, January 19, 2007  
Blogger Batya said...

If you remember, we've had some internetless "interludes" recently, too. On the bus to Kever Rachel, I met a woman, who says that modern pioneering is living in a place without regular access.
http://shilohmusings.blogspot.com/2007/01/locked-in-tomb.html

3:41 PM, January 19, 2007  

Post a Comment

<< Home