Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Why Do Some of Us Make Aliyah and Others Do Not?

Daledamos has an excellent post here about the relationship between Orthodox Jews and Israel, and it contains a few surprises.

It started me thinking about why some of us actually make aliyah, and others of us just dream about it. Our own particular aliyah anniversary is coming up in a few weeks, 15 years on the English date May 31st, and I had planned on writing about when I "knew" I would make aliya - (even though it took a good number of years after that to actually do it).

I don't want to turn this into an official meme, but I would like to hear from others who are living here about why they actually made the leap, and collect the links into one place.

Deadline - May 31st - two days before Shavuot.

Update: This is totally voluntary - no "Jewish guilt" involved! Only bloggers who are happy to write about this topic should pay any attention to this.

9 Comments:

Blogger Jerusalemcop said...

how do u want it? as a post on our own site or send the "post" to you so you can post them all together?

J.

12:54 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger westbankmama said...

jerusalemcop - I think that is a good idea - you can post it between now and May 31st and I will do a roundup of links.

2:19 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger westbankmama said...

jerusalemcop - to be clear, post it on your site, and I will link to it.

2:20 PM, May 10, 2006  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What's wrong with a little Jewish Guilt? Its a good cause!

8:14 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger bec said...

you can count me in!
it's funny that you decided to do this, i was actually just going to write a proposal to a particular jewish publication about writing an article on the topic. (if that ever comes to fruition, i'll let you know.) so yes, i'd be proud to write on this topic.

10:04 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger Toto said...

bec just sent me the link, I will post something too.......our aliyah date is approaching....hoping for July 5. Most importantly, hubby is going this weekend to do the scoping out of things. After we post, should we come back here and let you know?

thanks! :) fun!

10:20 PM, May 10, 2006  
Blogger westbankmama said...

yaakov - well, ok, for a good cause!

bec - I look forward to your post

emahs - yes, please write and then e-mail me the link.

11:18 AM, May 11, 2006  
Anonymous noticias deal corcon said...

Spot on with this write-up, I actually believe this amazing site needs much more consideration. I’ll of times be once more to learn additional, thank you for that information. noticias deal corcon

3:54 PM, April 25, 2021  
Anonymous hadeelweb.com said...

The beauty of these blogging engines and CMS platforms is the lack of limitations and ease of manipulation that allows developers to implement rich content and ’skin’ the site in such a way that with very little effort one would never notice what it is making the site tick all without limiting content and effectiveness.   hadeelweb.com

3:05 PM, July 11, 2021  

Post a Comment

<< Home